I had a naked keyboard! But not anymore!


Aaaaaand…. we’re back in business!!!!

This may be old news to some of you, but I bought a keyboard. Actually, this is really old news as I bought my keyboard months ago. A keyboard! I was so excited, because I hadn’t played the piano (or something similar to it) in a regular way for a long, long, long, long time. And I was really missing it. So I saved up, and bought myself a really nice present! Huzzah! A keyboard!

A few weeks after I had gotten it, I noticed that it gets dusty quite easily, as it sits by my window and I usually keep my window open. That made me quite sad, as I really liked my keyboard.

Umm... I have a blanket/cushion on the chair because... yes... I am too short. :(

Thus! I decided to make a cover for my piano with my (at that time) relatively newly acquired sewing machine. I was pretty excited about having a sewing project of my very own. So I went to the store and bought a nice piece of cloth. I had forgotten to measure the length of my keyboard, but I knew that it was about my arms’ width so I got about that much cloth. And guess what? It was too small. Oh, the tragedy.

See? Too short! It doesn't cover the edges. So much tragedy.

I was quite despondent about that, because I really wanted it to be perfect for my lovely keyboard, but it really was my own dumb fault that I did something like that. Therefore, I decided that I would just have to fix my dumb mistake myself. Good thing that the piece of cloth was so wide that I wouldn’t need all of it, so it was pretty easy to cut the cloth up and sew it back together.

This picture is probably not that thrilling. But that's okay. I don't expect you to be thrilled with every picture that I put up.

At this time I was also experimenting with my sewing machine, so I was having a little bit of trouble with it. (I’m not a very experienced sewer at all. Rather, I am very beginner and therefore don’t really know what to do when I make mistakes. So it was quite a learning experience for me.)

One thing that I did have to learn was to make my own bias tape! That was pretty cool. For those of you who don’t know what bias tape is, you may go here.

This is only the beginning of my bias tape making experiment. It worked out pretty well though! I was pleased.

The reason why I had to make bias tape, was because I had this part of the cloth that I had cut away to make an indentation for the stand, and the cloth was getting kind of ripped up, and I didn’t know how to hem it. So… I did some impromptu work, and it turned out like this:

I'm not sure how I managed to figure that out. But I did.

Anyways, here’s the finished product!

Ta-da! I guess the thing to notice is that the keyboard is fully covered versus how it looks above.

Advertisements

Say something! Make me laugh!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s